Photo credit: Climate Change – The Facts documentary, BBC Studios, 2019
"We already have all the facts and solutions. All we have to do is to wake up and change."
Our biogas systems demonstrate the effectiveness of the ‘circular economy’ using indigenous technology and materials to treat waste and produce clean energy.
1. Waste treatment: Reduces Chemical Oxygen Demand in waste waters by about 90%. Stabilises solid wastes, reduces odours and produces a valuable soil conditioner. Avoids smoke and particulate emissions from burning fossil fuels, biomass and municipal waste.
2. Clean energy: Delivers clean and renewable biogas for industry and power generation. Easily upgraded to produce biomethane which is a carbon negative replacement for natural gas and ideal as a transport fuel -vehicle fuel. Ready for injection to gas pipeline system.
3. Climate action: Captures methane a Greenhouse Gas with 28x Global Warming Potential of CO2. Generates >25x the CO2 equivalent emission reductions and 4x electricity of an equivalent 1MW solar PV system.
4. Social impact: Provides good quality jobs for graduates and technicians in rural communities.
1. Wastewater treatment: Our biogas systems reduce Chemical Oxygen Demand of agro-industrial waste water by approximately 90%, reducing the risk of water contamination. Helps to achieve SDG 6 Clean Water and Sanitation & SDG 14 Life Below Water.
2. Climate action: Our biogas systems are designed to capture CH4 (methane) a Greenhouse Gas with 28 times the Global Warming Potential of CO2 (100 year horizon) or 86 times (20 year horizon). Helps to achieve SDG 13 Climate Action.
3. Renewable energy: Biogas is a flexible fuel. It may be used to produce heat, electricity and / or Compressed Biomethane Gas. Helps to achieve SDG 7 Affordable and Clean Energy.
4. Rural development: The production of biogas provides employment and promotes economic development in rural communities. Helps to achieve SDG 1 No Poverty, 8 Decent Work and Economic Growth & 10 Reduced Inequalities.
5. Circular economy: We treat waste at source and produce clean energy using proven and innovative technology. Helps to achieve SDG 9 Industry Innovation and Infrastructure, SDG 11 Sustainable Cities and Communities, and SDG 12 Responsible Consumption and Production.
6. Other Sustainable Development Goals: In addition, our biogas systems make a positive contribution to the SDG goals 2, 3, 4, 5, 15 and 17 of zero hunger, good health and well-being, education, gender equality, life on land and partnerships for the goals helping to achieve SDGs.
The multi functionality of biogas and its positive impact on the Sustainable Development Goals provides a strong justification for carbon emission offset buyers to prefer emission reductions from biogas projects over other emission reductions.
Given the strong positive contribution of biogas to the Sustainable Development Goals, we believe that biogas production from agricultural waste should be the first priority renewable energy in Southeast Asia and the first choice for carbon emission offset buyers.