Desmond Godson – CEO
Desmond is CEO of Asia Biogas and is leading its growth strategy and development as SE Asia’s leading clean energy developer.
An investment professional with extensive expertise in renewable energy-he previously set up operations in China to originate and manage renewable energy investments for EEA Fund Management, an alternative investment manager, and Trading Emission Plc’s (TEP), a UK listed fund focused on renewable energy investments.
Desmond also established a team in Europe for TEP which acquired and now manages a successful portfolio of solar and wind projects.
He originally began his career working on biomass and biogas in the UK and was part of the Climate Change Advisory team at KPMG, one of the leading global tax, audit and advisory firms. At KPMG, Desmond advised companies such as BP and Anglo American on financing of renewable energy and emission reduction projects.
Anders (Ek) Bergvatten – Chief Operating Officer
Anders Ek is a bio-engineer specialized in the biogas process. He joined Asia Biogas in July 2011.
Prior to this he was Chief Technical Officer at Swedish Biogas International Korea Ltd for two years, where he worked with establishment and development of biogas plants and biomethane upgrading units on the Korean market.
Anders has previously worked with biogas projects in Sweden, USA, and South Korea. He has worked as Process Manager at full-scale biogas plants for production of biomethane as vehicle fuel, and with feasibility studies and process design of new biogas plants, as well as laboratory and pilot scale R&D trials. He has full-scale experience of biogas production from a broad range of feedstocks e.g. slaughterhouse waste, industrial food waste, bioethanol stillage, agricultural residues, energy crops, municipal sewage sludge, cassava starch wastewater, cassava pulp, and animal manure.
Anders holds a M.Sc. in Engineering Biology from Linkoping University in Sweden.
Ralph is specialties of project implementation/management of the engineering, construction, startup and completion phases. He joined Asia Biogas in December 2017.
Prior to this he has had over thirty-five year’s Project Management experience in renewable, Gas, Coal and Nuclear Power Plant/Commercial Projects. His previous position was the Site Manager for WSP/Parsons Brinckerhoff in Saudi Arabia at a 384 MW Cogeneration Project for Saudi ARAMCO.
He has held a wide range of positions including:
– Engineering Manager at Owl Energy in Bangkok, Thailand.
– Director of the Center of Excellence for Invensys Operations Management in Beijing, China
– Onshore Project Startup Manager for the AP1000 Projects in Shanghai, China for Shaw/CBI
– Startup/Commissioning Manager with Bechtel Power and Black & Veatch International
– Project Manager/Startup Manager with ESI of Tennessee
– Manager of Thermal and Incineration Systems at ABB Air Preheater
– Erection & Commissioning Manager for Waste Incineration projects in Hong Kong and Thailand.
– Numerous Nuclear plant startups in capacities such as Shift Test Engineer/Director for the Philippine Nuclear Project, Assistant Technical Support Supervisor/Licensing Coordinator at the Seabrook Nuclear Station and Lead Test Engineer at the Westinghouse AP600 Long Term Cooling Test Facility at Oregon State University.
A leading expert in Project Financing with over 25 years experience in the banking sector, Conor was previously Global Head Project & Export Finance at Standard Chartered Bank. With 20 years project finance experience in Asia, Conor has closed landmark project financings in power, petrochemicals, oil and gas, LNG, renewables and infrastructure. Conor brings his network from the finance and energy sector and his deep knowledge of local Southeast Asia markets such as Indonesia.
- Institute of Banking and Finance – Distinguished Fellow
- Previously Global Head Project & Export Finance at Standard Chartered Bank, Singapore
- Worked at UFJ Bank to develop their global project and structured finance business
- Former President Irish Chamber of Commerce Singapore
A highly experienced Corporate and Investment Banker with extensive experience in emerging market energy project finance. Russell previously as Managing Director, Standard Chartered had discretionary lending powers and was a permanent member of the Banks PEF lending committee. During his tenure at Standard Chartered Russell was arranger / advisor to over US$12 billion of financing. Russell joined Asia Biogas in 2017 and oversees Asia Biogas financial controls, fund raising and debt management.
- INSEAD Executive Leadership Program
- AICB, Qualified Associate of Institute of Chartered Bankers
- Previously Managing Director Project and Export Finance at Standard Chartered Bank, Singapore
- Previously Assistant Director at ANZ Global Structured Finance in London
Joice has worked with Asia Biogas for over 10 years and led the development activities of the Greenfields project.
Joice represents Asia Biogas on the Board of PT Gunung Kawi Biogas.
- Led development of Greenfields project
- Experienced in developing financial models and raising project funding and capital
Niwat Phongsai – Head of Project Operations
Niwat has 14 years experience at TBEC/Asia Biogas. He has made his way up from being a Process Operator to Plant Manager at CKA project, before moving to head office to oversea operations across all projects. His experience as an operator gives him the insight to identify practical solutions to operational issues.
- B.Sc. Electrical Engineering
- Manages operations across Asia Biogas operating projects