Asia Biogas is a leading biogas company in Southeast Asia
Headquartered in Bangkok and with offices in Jakarta and Singapore.
We have two core businesses:
1. Engineering and construction of biogas plants
2. Production and sale of biogas and electricity at 10 BOT projects in Thailand and Indonesia
We focus on palm oil mills, cassava starch producers and large dairy farms in Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia with their large and stable supply of waste. Our projects have >1 MW in power generation potential.
Biogas can be used as a fuel for heating or power generation, or upgraded and used as a transport fuel (Compressed Biomethane Gas).Biogas is unique as a source of clean energy because it delivers numerous and substantial additional benefits: It reverses environmental degradation by cleaning up highly polluted wastewater.It delivers substantial greenhouse gas emission reductions (CH4 has 28x the global warming potential of CO2).It delivers valuable employment and nutrient-rich irrigation water or biofertiliser thus closing the nutrient cycle.
We have completed over 90 projects ranging in scale from 50kWe up to 23MW and we have worked across all major agro-industrial sectors such as cassava starch, palm oil, ethanol production and animal wastes.
In 2017, Asia Biogas agreed to acquire the biogas BOT portfolio of Thai Biogas Energy Company Ltd.
We offer our clients:
- Solutions optimised for local conditions
- Best in class methane yield and COD reduction
- Increased profitability through lowered electricity and/or fuel cost
- We strive to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and utilize waste
- Increased reliability and quality of energy
- A one-stop shop outsourcing model for waste treatment and energy supply